Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Seattle, Tacoma and All of Washington State
Any accident that results in injury is stressful; it becomes even more so when medical bills start piling up and you’re unable to work because of your injuries. At Callahan Law, P.S., Inc., our Seattle Personal Injury Lawyers draw upon more than 15 years of legal experience in devising solutions to ease your financial and emotional strain. Whether you’ve sustained serious injuries in a car, truck, motorcycle or pedestrian accident or suffered a painful slip and fall injury on someone else’s property, we can hold the responsible party accountable. If you are injured due to the recklessness of another, you can receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property loss. Even if you bear some responsibility for your accident, you can file a claim, but your recovery will be reduced by the percentage of fault that is attributed to you.
If you have been seriously injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian accident, it’s important to seek medical help immediately — and then get legal help as soon as possible. In Washington, you have three years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury claim. While that may seem like a lot of time, the longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to collect evidence and find potential eyewitnesses. And once that time limit expires, you forfeit forever your right to file a claim for your injuries.
Washington, unlike some other states, does not cap the amount of compensation a plaintiff can be awarded in a personal injury suit, so we will work hard to make sure you get the maximum amount possible. Our attorneys will seek full compensation for accidents involving:
- Autos. Injuries sustained in car accidents can range from those that are minor to those that require a lifetime of care. We will seek the expertise of medical professionals and accident reconstructionists to file a claim that takes into account the full extent of your losses.
- Trucks. Because of the size disparity between cars and trucks, any accident involving a tractor-trailer and passenger vehicle has the potential to inflict catastrophic injury. We will battle big trucking companies and their insurers for the damages you deserve.
- Motorcycles. Motorcyclists suffer some of the most severe injuries in accidents because their bikes are both smaller and less protected than other vehicles. We will fight for the compensation you are entitled to when you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Pedestrians. In Washington, pedestrians have the right of way at a legal crosswalk, which is defined as every location where roads intersect, even if the crosswalk is not marked as such. If you’ve been injured because a driver failed to yield, neglected to come to a complete stop, or was negligent in another way, we can file a suit on your behalf to recover damages for your losses.
No matter what type of accident you’ve suffered, we dedicate the time and effort to pursue the best possible outcome, whether we reach that through settlement or in court.
Seeking damages for slip and fall accident victims
In Washington, property owners have a duty to maintain their premises so that hazards such as icy sidewalks and broken steps are remedied as quickly as possible, and visitors have a duty to avoid such hazards whenever they are able to. But if you have taken prudent precautions and still suffered a fall in a store, in a parking lot, or even on private property, you can seek to recover damages for medical expenses and lost wages. To prevail in your slip and fall case, we must prove that the property owner or manager:
- Owed you a duty to use all reasonable care in maintaining the property
- That duty of care was breached
- That breach resulted in your injury
Falls can result in serious and often life-altering injuries, requiring long-term care. Our attorneys will work to hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries. Count on our trusted, caring professionals to guide you through the legal process of recovering damages so that you can concentrate on recovering physically and emotionally.
If you have suffered injuries in an accident due to someone else’s actions, you have the right to seek compensation through a personal injury suit, and Callahan Law, P.S., Inc. can help. To schedule your free consultation at our Seattle or Tacoma office, contact us online or give us a call at 206-866-6739 today.